Monday, September 10, 2012

Blog Update: Putting a Premium on Time (Update Entry #11)

Contrary to what I posted in the last update, I'm going to try to get both the editorial and the creative writing entries back up this week. I'm also going to be giving updates on the last few items on this list every three days from here on in - so the next one will come on Thursday.

Along with the list's growing shorter, I'm also returning to most regular updates since I've joined the ranks of the underemployed. It's not a job I can see myself in five years down the road, but it's a surer way than my freelancing has been to date to help cover the costs of searching for a job requiring English/creative writing/writing/editing skills while based in a small, rural town. This job's also something that puts a premium on time thereby making it much clearer and easier for me to work on fiction.

At any rate, here're the to-do lists's stragglers:

  • Sent out two short stories to magazines;
  • In the process of making time to edit, and search out good homes for them.
  • Outlined the entirety of the fantasy novel that I'm currently writing;
  • Perhaps more important than any list of key events, I've finally figured out the climactic event for this novel. I'm going to be outlining the chapters shortly. Hopefully within the next three days.
  • Completed five of those chapters;
  • The chapters I have right now seem like they need to be re-written, and, in fact, I may end up doing so. As per the next five chapters of the novel? I am still fleshing out what needs to happen to the novel's various characters on the way towards and away from the climactic moment.
  • Completed the next act (four scenes) of an audio drama I'm working on;
  • An outline for this act is going to be constructed first. I need to give myself a coherent end point for the act, since that will fuel my jog towards it.

For my writing about video games, check out my writing about video games here. Also, keep an eye out over the next few days for the launch of another (yes, another) blog that I'll be using as a play log.

And, don't miss tonight's creative writing entry, Wednesday's editorial, or Friday's galavant into David Gordon Green's Your Highness.

Back to Top

No comments:

Post a Comment