Thursday, August 23, 2012

Blog Break Progressing (Update Entry #2)

The blog update has picked up a bit over the last two days, but so has my non-blog work. As a result, the to-do list has seen steady progress but less than I'd expected. As of tonight here is where each task stands:

  • Recorded, edited, and uploaded all of the missing translation recordings (over at Tongues in Jars);
  • All of the outstanding recordings for Tongues in Jars are now finished and just need to be edited and posted.
  • Created and posted a hyperlinked portfolio page on these blogs;
  • I'm in the middle of completing the entries for the portfolio - about 1/3 are finished and almost all of them are hyperlinked.
  • Made all of the titles of entries uniform across both blogs;
  • Sent out two short stories to magazines;
  • I have the short stories chosen, and just need to send them. However, this task might be the last to be finished since I still need to organize a list of prospects.
  • Created a central, personal blog on tumblr;
  • I now have a tumblr account, but it isn't yet set up as a blog page. Expect more on this front soon.
  • Created a Facebook Writer/Author page;
  • I now have a Facebook Writer's page, but it's still something of a blank slate. You can find it here.
  • Outlined the next 10 chapters for the fantasy novel I'm writing;
  • I've peeked at what I have written so far, but since I haven't done anything outside of world building for months, I need to re-read it more closely. This should be completed by Monday at the latest.
  • Completed five of those chapters;
  • Since the plan still needs writing, these chapters aren't anywhere near being written just yet.
  • Completed the next act (four scenes) of an audio drama I'm working on;
  • No progress yet.
  • Completed my two outstanding commissions;
  • Both of these have been completed and just need to be shown to the people who've requested them. Since I've done all I can with them (for now), I've crossed them off this list.
  • Created a Commissions page (accessible through every blog) to accept new commissions.
  • The draft is still sitting, just as it was on Tuesday.

Check back here on Saturday for the to-do list's current status.

And, of course, be sure to catch tomorrow's All-Request August movie review: A look at the TV mini-series Earthsea!

Plus, for some of my writing that's not hosted on Blogger, check out my video game blog over at Examiner.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment