Monday, September 24, 2012

[Moon-dæg] Poem #997b

Context
Sun and Moon
Closing

{A rare sighting, but a jackpot for the celestial paparazzi. Image found on the blog Wish You all the Best.}


Back To Top
Context

Tonight's piece is a sample of my poetry from 2010. This was when I wrote poetry that stuck to a fairly regular form. This specific poem is also an example of my stuff on love that's written in an Elizabethan style; in fact, it's similar to Christopher Marlowe's "The Passionate Shepherd to His Love" (a.k.a. "Poem #997").

Check it out, and let me know what you think in the comments!

Back To Top
Sun and Moon

A kiss and a peck and a see you tonight
Said the sun to the moon
at the coming of first light
Go my love and hide away
Scarce your face - scarce!

I’ll hide it behind window-blurred bars
And raise around you robes of cloud
As I shed light, generation, elation to those below.

Then, when those look up nightly
through eyes and disembodied words
To the glow of light from my cumulus chase,
We can join behind a dark-wooled herd
To stoke our lights before parting.

Before returning to our days.

Back To Top
Closing

Check back at this blog on Friday for a look for the likeable in The Samaritan (a.k.a. Fury). Then on Saturday, you'll be able to find the newest Annotated Links here, and a look back/look ahead on Sunday.

Back To Top

No comments:

Post a Comment